How to get a visa to UAE from Nigeria
Are you a Nigerian thinking of moving to UAE? Do you want to live in UAE, work, study or even start a business in UAE. The first thing you should do is to apply for the right type of Visa. There are short term and long term visa and each is given depending on your circumstances and your reason for travelling.
At the time of writing this article there are 33 countries that do not require a visa to travel to the UAE, and it includes, Europe countries and United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan , Brunei , Singapore , Malaysia and Hong Kong. Nigeria is not part of the country and so will require a visa to enter the UAE
How can Nigerians get a working visa to work in UAE from Nigeria?
To work in Dubai you will need a residence visa, labour card and health card. This will allow a working stay of up to 3 years. For Nigerians to get a residence visa they usually need to be sponsored either on the basis of the ownership of a business in the UAE, or an employment contract with an employer in the UAE.
Type of UAE Visas for Nigerians
- Emirate, UAE tourist visa for Nigerians is issued to Nigerians going to United Arab Emirates for vacations, tourism, and other recreation activities or to visit family and friends in United Arab Emirates.
- Emirate UAE business visa for Nigerians is issued to Nigerians either to work with business partners, participate in a scientific, educational, professional, or company meeting or conference, work out an estate or discuss a agreement in United Arab Emirates. Find out more
- Emirate transit visa permit you to transit via United Arab Emirates airports for no longer than 72 hours if either you have to enter United Arab Emirates on your way to a second country or else you are
- Emirate,UAE student visa for Nigerians is issued to study in United Arab Emirates. Study visas are usually temporary visas which allow students arrive at United Arab Emirates
- Emirate,UAE Working Visa for Nigerians is usually granted to Nigerians to work in United Arab Emirates. You will either already have a work there to be granted this visa category or are going to set up a business.
General Requirement for Emirate tourist visa requirements for residents of Nigeria
- Fully completed visa application form for United Arab Emirates and mandatory declaration
- Passport size photographs
- Valid national passport and one copy
- Original of valid visa in case you are national of another country and one copy
- Your current financial institution statement and one copy
- Confirmation letter from your holiday insurance for United Arab Emirates stating the insurance policy coverage and one copy
- Reference letter from your employer or education establishment
- Proof of group travel/ hotel reservation in United Arab Emirates / flight ticket reservation for United Arab Emirates and one copy
- Visa application fees for Emirate visa
You can get more information about this from their country website, and for Nigerians please contact the embassy in Abuja directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements. Emirati visa requirements and regulations tend to change often so please be sure you visit their website for latest updates. See address below
United Arab Emirates Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
No 2, Columbia Close Office Colorado Street
Minister’s Hill, Maitama